Stay at Stable Court
Stable Court is a self-contained apartment in the west wing of the main house. It looks out over the former stable yard, which with its climbing roses, worn red sandstone walls and gentle planting, has the feeling of an old quad. Access is via a covered stairway in the yard that leads into a large sitting and dining room: a light and airy space decorated with paintings and furniture from the big house and its attics. For those renting both cottages, it makes the perfect place to all congregate as it has a lovely long dining table and lots of comfy sofas. For those with compromised mobility, please note there is an external stone staircase on entry and a small steep staircase to the upper bedroom. We do ask that you only have as many people staying as there are beds, with only one extra small person in a travel cot. At the bottom of the historic covered stairway there is a small enclosed dog-proof garden, sitting in the northeast corner of the stable yard it is the perfect sun trap.
If booking for just one couple (without small co-sleepers), or solo guests, use JUSTONEBED code for a 15% discount.
For every holiday taken here in 2021 and onwards, we will plant a tree as part of our parkland landscape restoration project.
We normally stick to Monday & Friday as our arrival days but do ask if alternative days might be possible, as often we can accommodate it.
- Children of all ages welcome
- Travel cot (please bring cot bedding) & high chair available
- Bedlinen, bath & kitchen towels included
- Wi-Fi available
- Up to 2 dogs are allowed
- 2 bedrooms, sleeps 5
- Access is via a covered stairway
- Upper floor: large sitting and dining room
- a light and airy space decorated with paintings and furniture from the big house
- generous bedroom with three single beds
- small separate kitchen and bathroom with a bath/shower
- Attic room: double bedroom and loo.